The starting your business checklist will guide you through the various stages of your business
Before you start a business
- Do you know where to find advice and support?
- Do you know when a hobby becomes a business?
- Have you started planning for your business?
- Do you know how to obtain finance?
- Do you know which business structure suits your business?
- Have you considered starting as an independent contractor?
When you start a business
- Have you registered your ABN, GST or other business registrations?
- Have you registered your business name?
- Do you have adequate protection for your intellectual property?
- Have you considered running a home-based business?
- Do you understand your taxation obligations?
- Do you understand your legal requirements?
- Have you set up record keeping & accounting systems?
- Have you arranged insurance?
- Do you know how to employ people?
- Have you considered applying for grants or financial assistance?
- Have you considered doing business online?
When you buy a business
- Have you considered buying an established business?
- Have you considered buying a franchise?
Running your business
- Do you know your ongoing employer obligations?
- Do you understand your occupational health & safety obligations?
- Have you thought about exporting goods or services?
- Have you thought about importing goods or services?
- Can your business benefit from applying for tenders and contracts?
Download a full copy of the Starting your business checklist