Thinking of starting a business?
It’s important to consider whether you really understand what’s involved and whether you’re suited to business and self employment. Start by asking yourself these questions:
- how do I choose a business name?
- what skills do I need to start a business?
- what are my business goals, objectives and skills?
- how much income will my business need to generate?
- is this a business or a hobby?
- what are the advantages and disadvantages of starting my own business?
- have you written your Business plan and Marketing plan?
Ready to start your business?
You don’t need to pay someone to register your business, you can do it all yourself, online. Registering your business can be done from the comfort of your own home or office. Follow these steps when creating your business:
- choose your business structure
- apply for your Australian Business Number (ABN)
- register your business name and trade mark
- register your website domain name
- organise taxes for your business
- organise registrations and licences for your business
- register for an Australian Business Account to manage your licences and permits
- buy or lease premises for your business
- arrange insurance for your business.
- Find out about selling products and services.
Are you ready? Need help with planning, raising finance or writing your business plan?
These guides, templates and downloads can help.